Friday, March 18, 2011

Could we see Billy Crystal return to host the Oscars again soon?

From The Hollywood Reporter:

Billy Crystal wouldn't mind hosting the Oscars for the ninth time.

The actor tells the Associated Press he was moved by the warm reception he received during his brief appearance on February's ceremony and "it might be fun" to emcee again.

"I think the show needs to change," he added. "There's too many awards and it has to sort of freshen itself up, and if I can be a part of that, that would be great."

Anne Hathaway and James Franco were widely panned as hosts of the show. Hollywood Reporter critic Tim Goodman wrote, "This year, the Oscars hit a new low. Like it fell into a hole."

Crystal offered advice to Franco and Hathaway in an interview with THR before the show: "Look like you really want to be there, and hope that something happens you can capitalize on."

-Joey's Two Cents: I'm sure he'll get asked for next year...the question is, will he accept?

5 comments:

  1. He's certainly a known commodity...

    ReplyDelete
  2. He got a taste of it again with his Bob Hope segment...I would prefer some others as my first choice, but no problems with Billy Crystal if they choose him...

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Oscars NEEDS Crystal. Last time he hosted was the last time we had a truly entertaining show. Bring Back Billy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mike- He's not my first choice either, but he's definitely a solid pick.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nathan- Maybe I'm the only one, but I never really care about the hosts...I'm there for the awards.

    ReplyDelete