Saturday, February 26, 2011

Black Swan dominates the Spirit Awards!

Here are all the winners:

Best Picture- Black Swan
Best Director- Darren Aronofsky
Best Actress- Natalie Portman
Best Actor- James Franco
Best Supporting Actress- Dale Dickey
Best Supporting Actor- John Hawkes
Best Screenplay- The Kids Are All Right
Best Cinematography- Black Swan
Best Documentary- Exit Through the Gift Shop
Best Foreign Film- The King's Speech
Best First Feature- Get Low
Best First Screenplay- Lena Dunham (Tiny Furniture)
Truer Than Fiction Award- Marwencol
Someone to Watch Award- Mike Ott (Littlerock)
Producers Award- Meek's Cutoff
Robert Altman Award- Please Give
John Cassavetes Award- Daddy Longlegs

-Joey's Two Cents: I didn't do badly with my predictions, and I was glad I mildly underestimated Black Swan...thoughts?

3 comments:

  1. Considering I wasn't a fan of Winter's Bone, it's funny that I went overboard in predicting its success...

    ReplyDelete
  2. The minute Aronofsky got an Oscar nomination for Best Director over his Indie Spirit competitors, Black Swan was guaranteed to win the top prizes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was hoping, but at the same time knew there was lots of love for Winter's Bone, since it led the noms.

    ReplyDelete